In a Nutshell:
- USA Hockey's Goaltending Development Coordinator (Mid-Am Affiliate Co-Coordinator)
- Currently a full time coach for Central Ohio youth, high school, and collegiate teams
- Columbus Chill (U18 and U16) Split Season Teams Program Director
- Ohio AAA Blue Jackets 2003 Head Coach and Organizational Goalie Coach
- IIHF Goaltender Coach Mentor - 2017 Chinese Ice Hockey Federation Coaching and Player Camp
- 2 years goalie coach for the New Jersey Devils organization
- 6 years professional goaltender in the Atlanta Thrashers and NJ Devils organizations
- 4 years collegiate goaltender at The Ohio State University
- 2 years junior hockey with the Boston Bulldogs
- Read about Dave's core values as a developmental goaltending coach
In September 2014, after spending two years working full-time for the New Jersey Devils as their Goaltending Coach for the Albany Devils, he decided to make Columbus, Ohio his permanent home and headquarters for Caruso Hockey.
In 1998, Dave began coaching goalies and players in camps, clinics, private lessons, video sessions, and with various ice and roller hockey teams. Youth, high school, junior, college, and pro players throughout North America have learned from Dave's extensive hockey experiences. He has worked with or was taught by some of the best NHL, AHL, ECHL, NCAA and junior level coaches.
Dave's passion is to help pass on his knowledge and love of hockey to his students. All Caruso Hockey students are expected to have the same ethic of hard work and a positive attitude modeled by Dave.
One key element to his instruction is that students are taught how to improve their play by understanding the reasoning behind techniques, play making and decision making of the athlete. Dave supports his students as they learn to grasp skills, concepts, and ideas to help them reach their fullest potentials and dreams of playing at a higher level.
Read about Dave's core values as a developmental goaltending coach
Six-season professional career included:
Photos from Pro Days
Photos from Ohio State
Dave played for four seasons, 2002-06, at The Ohio State University (CCHA), compiling impressive 52-32-9 mark, with 11 shutouts and a 2.07 goals-against average.
- Helped guide Buckeyes to three NCAA Tournament berths and the 2004 CCHA Mason Cup (conference tournament champion)
- Named to conference’s All-Tournament Team as a sophomore, while receiving two All-Conference Team Honorable Mentions (2005, 2006)
- Voted school’s Most Valuable Player in both his junior and senior seasons.
- See Dave's college stats.